Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024
(06-09-2024, 11:46 AM)Dill Wrote: Does he NOT say that women's thoughts about careers and so forth were the consequence of "diabolical lies"? Surely that degrades life choices based on those lies?  How could that NOT be so?  Aren't women orienting their lives to careers outside the home among those things we are supposed to stop "pretending" are normal? 

Sure, he praises his wife for what she gives up. The Housekeeping Monthly article cited above guides women to "praiseworthy" behavior based on giving up any sense of a separate self.

And Butker isn't just against abortion. He appears to be against any form of birth control.

I would say "important" is a better word here than "better."  Parenting is centrally important to reproducing decent, civilized society for
sure. Too important to leave to one sex while the other is tasked with bringing order to the world. 

Again, no he does not, the Diabolical lies are what you perceive them, i perceive them differently. I see it more as he's talking about how people have been told to be selfish. You can't be selfish when it comes to children. That's my view about his diabolical lies. We can argue it all day, but only he knows what he means by that. 

If the wife feels like she's dependent, then she can make a different choice. He's not preventing anyone from doing what's best for themselves. 

He's religious, probably doesn't believe in Pre-Martial sex, that's fine, it's his belief, but BC will always be available. 

IDGAF what word you use. 

So you are saying  your children are important, but they are not your world and you wouldn't do anything for them? RIGHT... I guess that explains your viewpoint. And here i thought it was supposed to be R's that don't like kids. Add this to the fact that you DIDN"T have the Obey removed from your wife's martial vows, isn't exactly coming off as someone that puts equality and family first. Lemme guess, you probably worry more about how Immigrant Border crossing Minors are treated than your own? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harrison Butker | Commencement Address 2024 - Mike M (the other one) - 06-09-2024, 07:38 PM