Poll: Who will be Inaugurated to become U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
Biden will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Trump will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Some other Democrat (but not Biden for whatever reason)
Some other Republican (but not Trump for whatever reason)
Someone else that is neither Republican or Democrat
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
(06-07-2024, 06:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure i see the point in this, the number of people on the left out number the people on the right.

Our system isn't based upon what most people want.  We have 100 senators that aren't evenly distributed along the lines of "most people" and the EC for good or ill takes the popular vote out of the equation (meaning the less popular candidate with the less popular policies can win).  For example, Roe being overturned while "most people" vote to protect abortion access is a direct result of (I think) 5 conservative SC justices being appointed by presidents who lost the popular vote.

Things have slanted towards conservatives getting more of a say than what you'd expect given the number of people on the left vs the right...it's just not how it works.  I'm betting Trump loses the popular vote again but wins the election.  He can very well be a two term president who lost 3 popular votes by a total of some 13+ million votes but it doesn't matter.

Keep in mind, from 1980-1988 republicans won the popular vote by a combined 35,000,000 votes or so.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL - Nately120 - 06-10-2024, 05:43 PM