Poll: Who will be Inaugurated to become U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
Biden will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Trump will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Some other Democrat (but not Biden for whatever reason)
Some other Republican (but not Trump for whatever reason)
Someone else that is neither Republican or Democrat
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
(06-09-2024, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Destroy?  Not so...it's all a question of perception and it's pretty clear we live in a bi-partisan sense of reality.  I think a second Trump term could very much turn into a "I'll stick around until things are fixed...the ends justify the means" lifetime term ala Putin in Russia.  The fact that a lot of people who will vote for Trump praise or at least see the logic behind Russia's current government and leader is what makes our acceptance of such a move gives it a non zero chance of happening in ways we haven't seen before.

Trump and conservative media and a lot of conservatives have incorporated what I'd consider a troubling amount of acceptance/admiration for leaders and countries that are far less democratic than ours.  That is what makes me think a similar move in this country is more likely than it was in other elections. Honestly, the idea that "it can't happen to me" is the first step towards it happening to you in a lot of cases...maybe this is one of them.

You change minds before you change policy, and I think enough people are into the idea that Trump sticking around for more than 4 years wouldn't be a travesty, rather it'd be pretty awesome for it to happen.  Besides, we're going to let him back in via democracy, so why not suspend things for a bit.  If Trump wins 2 non consecutive terms it'll be a sign to many that we as a country admitted we made a mistake by letting someone else in.  Trump will be 78, how long could he be around?  Why not let him have more than 4 years to fix things?

Or devil's advocate...explain to me why Trump shouldn't stick around for more than 4 years if we re elected him.

one word for you

SUCCESS

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS AND LIKELY VP CHOICE WINS 2028 ELECTION. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL - Luvnit2 - 06-10-2024, 07:54 PM