Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 10:12 AM)hollodero Wrote: I think you have a very fair point here (I would not solely confine it to democrats, but whatever), in general I can not quite fathom how the US allows so many illegal aliens within its borders in the first place. It's just, the interpretation that Biden actually broke the constitution still is far fetched at best.

There's a significant number of people here who think that past US actions, e.g. coups in various nations, resource exploitation, taking land such as Texas, etc. means that we cannot enforce our borders and that anyone who can set foot on US soil should be allowed entry.  You'd think this is an exaggeration of the position, but it really isn't.  Of course, in addition to allowing millions into a system without much in the way of checks on who they are or what they're doing here, no country can culturally absorb such a flow of immigrants, illegal or otherwise.  There's also the issue of putting up immigrants, both legal and illegal in comfy hotel rooms or houses while natural born US citizens are homeless.

Honestly, at this point I'd put a complete freeze on immigration of any kind for ten years, only reopening it once we've fixed the system including a Constitutional amendment removing the born on US soil citizenship, which has served its intended purpose and is now routinely abused.  Note that's all immigrants, no racism here, a complete blanket freeze.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-11-2024, 12:09 PM