Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 12:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: I certainly understand the problem. Just today it was made public that 35% of Vienna's elementary school pupuils are muslims now. That is too much for our society to absorb too, that's also not about racism, so I sure would not make that connection here. What I would disagree with is pinning immigrants and the homeless against each other, for the homeless crisis imho is not unsolved because of immigrants. I also am sceptical about a complete halt of any immigration. For one, it seems many industries depend on immigrant's labour. But mostly, it was always admirable to me how the US is built on ideals, built by immigrants uniting in said ideals, where everyone who is willing to contribute and work hard is welcome no matter the ethnicity. I wouldn't throw that away completely by a total immigration freeze, it seems like an advantage. Capping it, conditioning it to certain aspects and having way less tolerance towards illegal immigrants, that sure gets my support and I agree the Dems seem awfully weak on that issue.

The freeze would be necessary to get those things.  The Dems have made immigration a racial issue, which we both agree it is not.  To force them to make much needed changes you'd need to play real hardball.  If you could achieve what we both think is a logical solution without it, all the better.  I just don't think you could.  

Quote:Oh yeah and the born on US soil policy certainly is astonishing. I would never tolerate such a policy for my country.

It was an excellent idea at the time it was enacted, the entire purpose of it being to prevent southern states from denying citizenship to freed slaves.  But I think it's safe to say that is no longer a consideration.  And it is routinely abused.  There is birth tourism, in this area of the country largely from China, whose sole intent is getting pregnant women over here to have children.  When I worked at a hockey store in my early 20's it was bought out by a Russian dude (who I am convinced was in the Russian mafia) who brought his wife over with him on a temporary Visa and they overstayed it so the kid could be born here.  The upside to that being that he couldn't return for a long time and he had a friend of his who lived here run the place and she was a scorching hot Russian woman.  Like a 10/10.  Gave me a reason to go into work everyday. Cool

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-11-2024, 12:43 PM