Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 12:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are the consequences for said companies in Cincy? I sure only know what's to be found on google, and taking this information there's fines from 250 to 1.000 dollars, more if it happens repeatedly or is proven to be systematic, but overall it seems like peanuts most employers are willing to risk.

My guess would be a lack of political will on both sides. I would assume that many of the big party donors have no interest in going after illegal employments.

Not enough, i turned in a company that had already been busted 2x, they use illegals to clean hotels. They can change their name and start all over again. 

probably not. But it would be a good start vs wasting money running around chasing them down to deport them. Deport those they catch working illegally, hold them for a few days so in case they do have legal papers they have a chance to get them brought forward. Otherwise deport them. Message will get thru, if you work illegally and get caught, auto-deport on top of the company getting heavily fined or at least heavily fine the OWNER of the company. That way they feel it directly.

(06-11-2024, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: Immigration is a bilateral problem caused by decades of inaction by Congresses who were too busy politicizing the problem to fix it.

A 10  year moratorium on immigration is ridiciculous and not going to happen.

10 years probably a bit much, but would bring both sides to the table for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Mike M (the other one) - 06-11-2024, 12:54 PM