Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 12:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The freeze would be necessary to get those things.  The Dems have made immigration a racial issue, which we both agree it is not.  To force them to make much needed changes you'd need to play real hardball.  If you could achieve what we both think is a logical solution without it, all the better.  I just don't think you could.  

Yeah well, I just think it's a radical approach that comes with distinct problems. Imho you need the cheap labor, Americans are not really willing to bring in crops or work hard for minimal pay, but you understandably still like cheap stuff. No immigrants would probably mean increasing prices and/or an even bigger trade deficit. Also I'd have a severe issue with abandoning the right of asylum. (And, as I said, I think the US loses an important part of its core identity, but you sure might have a better feeling about that one than a stranger like me.)

(06-11-2024, 12:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It was an excellent idea at the time it was enacted, the entire purpose of it being to prevent southern states from denying citizenship to freed slaves.  But I think it's safe to say that is no longer a consideration.  And it is routinely abused.  There is birth tourism, in this area of the country largely from China, whose sole intent is getting pregnant women over here to have children.  When I worked at a hockey store in my early 20's it was bought out by a Russian dude (who I am convinced was in the Russian mafia) who brought his wife over with him on a temporary Visa and they overstayed it so the kid could be born here.  The upside to that being that he couldn't return for a long time and he had a friend of his who lived here run the place and she was a scorching hot Russian woman.  Like a 10/10.  Gave me a reason to go into work everyday. Cool

I see... the recent influx of mostly female Ukrainian refugees sure made my country more beautiful too. I don't know how they do it, but these slavic countries just breed female beauty. As for the ius soli, I knew a bit about the history, but it's quite clear how open for wide spread abuse that system is, something one can know without knowing. Does any party actually demand a change?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - hollodero - 06-11-2024, 12:58 PM