Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 12:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well, I just think it's a radical approach that comes with distinct problems. Imho you need the cheap labor, Americans are not really willing to bring in crops or work hard for minimal pay, but you understandably still like cheap stuff. No immigrants would probably mean increasing prices and/or an even bigger trade deficit. Also I'd have a severe issue with abandoning the right of asylum. (And, as I said, I think the US loses an important part of its core identity, but you sure might have a better feeling about that one than a stranger like me.)

Unless you arrive on US soil via the ocean you cannot claim asylum in this country unless you are Mexican or Canadian.  As claiming asylum requires you to apply in the first safe country you enter and both Mexico and Canada are designates as safe countries.  As for cheap labor, I don't see that as an issue given the push towards a $20 minimum wage in many states.

Quote:I see... the recent influx of mostly female Ukrainian refugees sure made my country more beautiful too. I don't know how they do it, but these slavic countries just breed female beauty. As for the ius soli, I knew a bit about the history, but it's quite clear how open for wide spread abuse that system is, something one can know without knowing. Does any party actually demand a change?

Yes, it is a mystery I'd love to see solved.  As for the change, I don't recall anyone of any prominence suggesting such an amendment.  I think it's far too racially charged and no one wants to be the first person to bring it up.  I think if it was discussed openly there would be significant support for it among the general populace.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-11-2024, 01:16 PM