Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 12:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: I certainly understand the problem. Just today it was made public that 35% of Vienna's elementary school pupils are muslims now. That is too much for our society to absorb too, that's also not about racism, so I sure would not make that connection here. What I would disagree with is pinning immigrants and the homeless against each other, for the homeless crisis imho is not unsolved because of immigrants. I also am sceptical about a complete halt of any immigration. For one, it seems many industries depend on immigrant's labour. But mostly, it was always admirable to me how the US is built on ideals, built by immigrants uniting in said ideals, where everyone who is willing to contribute and work hard is welcome no matter the ethnicity. I wouldn't throw that away completely by a total immigration freeze, it seems like an advantage. Capping it, conditioning it to certain aspects and having way less tolerance towards illegal immigrants, that sure gets my support and I agree the Dems seem awfully weak on that issue.
Oh yeah and the born on US soil policy certainly is astonishing. I would never tolerate such a policy for my country.

Yeah, 35% is a lot.

Just watched Tatort Wien, season 1 episode 1 (2010) last night. The story includes local resistance to a minaret for a mosque in an alpine village called "Telfs."
But the plot turns around the murder of a Turkish girl and her Austrian boyfriend by the son of the guy who leads local opposition to the minaret. The 
murdered girl's father wants to send her sister back to Turkey for marriage when he finds out she is dating the other son the opposition leader. Contemporary Romeo and Juliet. 

Looks like the local cop, of Turkish heritage, is an Austrian citizen, but disliked by Turks for being a "traitor" and by Austrians for being a Turk. Except for the Commissar of course who is liberal and insists the cop be treated according to his office. Can foreigners be naturalized there? Guessing it may be different for Turks who have been there for several generations.

PS beautiful mountains there. Wow. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Dill - 06-11-2024, 02:12 PM