Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 05:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not sure of the number or if they claim illegally.  If they claimed legally under those circumstances then their application should be considered.

OK, so no total freeze, asylum claims still can take place. Just to be sure what exactly you suggest.

(06-11-2024, 05:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't make the rules, that's what they are.  In order to claim asylum you must apply in the first safe country you reach.  You don't get to shop for the one you'd prefer, which would make you just a migrant.   As for Mexico taking them all, we could certainly assist, but it should be entirely voluntary.  Again, the rules are what they are.  If they aren't followed the application should be rejected.

Not sure I really follow, especially when it comes to the voluntary part. Yeah sure, voluntary, and who would force you anyway. And it's not just about the rules, it's also about treaties with other countries or what kind of neighbour you want to be. What if Germany just says well, we do not border Ukraine, Poland does and is a safe country, let them deal with all those refugees. Barring that we have treaties prohibiting that anyway, it would not be a move I would consider fair or justified. And that's not about asylum seekers picking and choosing (which btw. does not change their status to migrants in my opinion), let them throw a dice over it if that suits the country better. But turning totally isolationist, I can't really approve of that and that's not the US I consider a shining city on a hill really.

(06-11-2024, 05:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Minimum wage would cover anyone working in this country.  Of course companies get away with paying illegal immigrants far less than that, but that's illegal and certainly shouldn't be a justification for immigration, e.g. cheap labor.

I'm certainly not an economist, but that kind of minimum wage and no immigrants working for less imho can't really be great for export and end consumer prices, so I have a hard time seeing this combination happening. But yeah, I know too little about the whole issue. It's a hypothetical anyway.

(06-11-2024, 05:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trump isn't even cognizant of it.

Yeah, he is, I found that article and seems he talks about it. Leading to me agreeing with Donald Trump. Please don't tell anyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - hollodero - 06-11-2024, 06:41 PM