Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-11-2024, 08:31 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh I see, so asylum seekers can get asylum in Mexico and then apply for immigration to the US. Which of course will not happen if you freeze immigration, leaving Mexico with all the burden from every real and hypothetical refugee crisis arising in the south. Putting aside how that probably will increase migration pressure, it sounds a bit selfish to see it that way, and I feel the US should just - voluntarily - be better than claiming geography frees you from any obligation to be a refuge for fleeing people. That's why I brought up Germany, more in a theoretical sense of how a rich western country imho should not behave when aspiring to stay a humanitarian nation. That also would be my main reason to oppose the idea.

But you're ignoring that doing so would be a last resort to force much needed changes.  Changes that we both agree on.

Quote:Sure, there were some decent thoughts, like he's not wrong on demanding NATO members spend more on defense, and some others every now and then. Also, he's not bloodthirsty, that is a genuine plus imho. Then again, as an overall package my opinion of him is still, to put it vaguely, a distinctly negative one for reasons debated ad nauseum.

All true points.

Quote:Yeah we probably won't see eye to eye on that one. An end to the war means Putin winning it, and that most certainly could be a very bad thing in my book.

How does an end automatically equate to a Putin victory?  I'm not following you here at all.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-12-2024, 11:54 AM