Poll: Who will be Inaugurated to become U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
Biden will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Trump will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Some other Democrat (but not Biden for whatever reason)
Some other Republican (but not Trump for whatever reason)
Someone else that is neither Republican or Democrat
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
(06-12-2024, 10:56 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Honestly, neither has Biden, with the immigration crisis, one could say he's done more to keep us divided than Trump has. 

Well, sure, I understand why one would see it that way. He said quite some rather divisive stuff over the last years as well. Overall though, I think he is one of the more moderate and affable people the Dems could have run. It's one thing I really believe, that if it were up to Joe he would try to work with congress, find compromises, be an old school president looking for broad support. He just can not do that if all republican congressmembers have to check back with Trump and do as he pleases.

I know we will not agree on this, but there was an immigration compromise that would at least have made things better, even if just slightly, and it was republicans that slapped the plan away. Therefore I can not quite solely blame Biden for everything. He tried to find some solution at least. That executive orders would be an alternative, well maybe, I honestly know too little about it. Seems to me though that not that long ago, executive orders were seen as an awful, quasi-dictatorial move and it were mainly republicans who said so after Obama resorted to this method, facing a deliberatly uncooperative Congress. At times I have a hard time understanding what republicans actually expect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL - hollodero - 06-12-2024, 02:17 PM