Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation
(06-12-2024, 01:25 PM)CJD Wrote: For what it's worth, I agree that I don't think they found 12 unbiased jurors. If you told me 10 of the 12 were Trump hating Liberals who knew they would vote to convict before the trial even started, I wouldn't be surprised. I just think that the odds that they found (and allowed in) 12 of those biased jurors against Trump to be unlikely. They needed to unanimously convict him and I just don't see a Trump supporter or "unbiased" juror doing that if it weren't a legitimate conviction.

You'll please allow me to concede the rest of your post.  We largely agree and what we disagree on isn't worth the nitpicking.  As to this point I did want to add something.  It is very common for jury holdouts to be pressured into going along with the majority, especially when you're talking about one or two people out of twelve.  People want this to be over with, they want to go home, they've already been there for weeks, if not months.  Even in a scenario such as you provide I can absolutely see a lone holdout giving in just to move on with their lives and due to peer pressure.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-12-2024, 03:03 PM