Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
(06-12-2024, 01:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK, fair enough. I will still hope it never ever comes to that. Besides other things, it might result in a humanitarian crisis.

I agree, but sometimes you have to be willing to hold people's feet to the fire.

Quote:Ah well, I might have made a leap here. I for one do not think Trump is savvy enough to reach a diplomatic solution that ends the war for good and leaves Ukraine's souvereignty intact. Maybe you do, or maybe you have another more positive plan for an end to this war. I thought the way Trump ends the war is simply by withdrawing US support for Ukraine, at which point said end means a loss for Ukraine. Europe could not compensate all US contributions and so the country would get overrun by Russian forces.

Got it.  I think it could literally be as simple as promising not to he Ukraine join NATO.  Withdrawal to pre-war borders and that's it.  I don't think any ending that involves Russia being punished or to lose face is possible without escalating the conflict.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be Trump's VP choice and why? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-12-2024, 03:15 PM