Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation
(06-12-2024, 01:02 PM)CJD Wrote: If 86.8% of people in the area voted for Biden over Trump, wouldn't that mean that, given a random sample of 12 people from that area, between 1 and 2 people would be part of that 13.2% that did not vote for Biden over Trump? And that's before the selection process occurs, which probably eliminated a fair amount of that 86.8%.

I get that it's a highly blue area, but highly blue does not mean 100%. It is statistically likely that at least 1 to 2, and potentially even more, of the people on that jury were Trump supporters and even they agreed that he committed these crimes.

Or, Trump's lawyers totally screwed up the selection process and allowed 12 dyed in blue liberals onto the jury.

I am not well versed in the jury selection process, but lets look at the numbers.

Roughly 100 prospective jurors, let's assume the stats are on target and 76 of those people are Democrats and 13 are Republicans'. We know consultants are involved to read and predicts which way the potential jurors lean.

The DJT team was likely trying to root out the most extreme left wing type with excisions, challenges, whatever, while the DA was trying to root out the 13 Republicans.

One is far more easily done than the other. Then the midline pool from which to draw jurors is most likely entirely Democrats.

I am not arguing the verdict here, only show how easy it would be to have DJT tried by a very unfavorable jury, if the DA were even the slightest bit competent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-12-2024, 03:20 PM