Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-12-2024, 03:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure. But then again, if I tell a very aggressive and violent person that he was wronged by a certain entity and he should go do something about it, and that person then goes and acts out violently against said entity, there is a certain co-responsibilty on my part as well.

Yeah we will not see eye to eye on this one. As soon as the masses break into the capitol and fights break out with police, any good person should leave. Or when there's gallows erected for Mike Pence. Staying after witnessing that can no longer be labeled as being peaceful. That's of course just my take, but yours seems to downplay what actually took place, which in my book was a violent attack on democracy.

Sure, look into it. Imho, as of now it seems the maximum guilt she might bear is that she underestimated the danger. Which, well, many people did. As Americans say (and I don't know what that even means), hindsight is 20/20.

That first one is a strawman. The crowd was very aggressive, nor violent as a whole.

I disagree with the second part, as reporters stayed to document when things were violent, and the violence was not all over the Capitol, is was in different points. But we can agree to disagree, as I think we see the event differently.

I do not care about charging anything, just noting accountability and moving on. There may be Republicans who feel differently, but I am not on that boat. I am curious if anything comes of it though, as things have been a sideshow lately in government.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-12-2024, 03:27 PM