Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation
(06-12-2024, 04:12 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I think with the numbers you supplied, it makes it even easier for the DA to knock out the likely Republican's.

500 down to 96 means 404 jurors were eliminated.

Of the pool, if the statistics hold, 435 would be D's and 65 would be R's. Each side would be able to dismiss 202 jurors. I think it is a lot easier, especially if you deep dive their social media, to root out the R's in that group, especially given so many swings, and load the jury with all D's.

202 tries to root out the 65 R's are pretty good odds, let alone if one or two slipped by, there is good chance they do not even make the jury.

202 tries to eliminate 65 Rs out of a pool of 500 and if they miss even a single one, the trial is ruined. I'm not a statistician, but I wouldn't bet on those odds.

Again, I think you're exaggerating how easy it to rig a jury in the prosecution's favor. It's exponentially easier for the defense to get one biased juror into the jury, even with the fewer republicans. All they need is a single intelligent republican (capable of avoiding the questionnaires' booby traps) who doesn't use social media very much in a pool of 500 people.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation - CJD - 06-12-2024, 04:20 PM