Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation
(06-12-2024, 05:08 PM)Dill Wrote: Double sorry. this is just so off.  And digging your hole deeper.

My statement was that it is not necessarily a reporter's job to include a source's statement of methodology in an article using the source:

"While it is their job to report data and cite sources, it is not necessarily their job to explain their sources' methods of collection." 

You did not "quote" that. You twisted it into this paraphrase: 

"As to your assertion that it's not the newspaper's job to address sources; first, I'd say that's a horrible standard for any journalist to practice

That's what I definitely did not say. My point was only that while reporters DO need to vet sources, they do not have to do that vetting in front of their readers in every article. So no reason why, in a short news article, that a reporter needs to detail a source's collection methodology. 

Dude, just stop.  The hole can't get much deeper.

(06-12-2024, 04:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, they can investigate this guy's claims but not ask any questions on either of your sources because, "it's not necessarily their job?"  What an amazing double standard you've set for yourself.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clearing Up Trump Trial Misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-12-2024, 05:43 PM