Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Am I Unrealistically Excited?!
(06-12-2024, 04:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I don't think Boyd to Burton is an upgrade. But if Tee is healthier, Burton hits, and Yoshi & Jones level up, WR could be much improved. And certainly more dynamic.
I think you're crazy in thinking that Burton isn't an upgrade over Boyd. He has great hands, can beat press coverage and go deep, he's fast, and he can run routes underneath and catch the ball between the numbers, but that part of his game is overlooked because Bama went deep a lot.

He's easily equal to Boyd but he can do so much more and has great hands, especially when they're contested catches.

He didn't get the target volume that other receivers in this draft class did or he'd be one of the top-rated receivers in the class.
(06-12-2024, 04:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Ditto RB. I don't view Moss for Mixon as an upgrade. But not a huge dropoff either. If Brown levels up, it is maybe a wash. 

I don't know how you can say that Moss and Brown aren't upgrades over Mixon.

In the limited snaps that we saw Brown, he showed the same things that he showed in college, which is patience, vision, burst, value receiving out of the backfield, and the ability to break tackles. 

He runs behind his pads and finishes runs.

Moss has just been behind some good backs but he hits the holes hard and is a massive upgrade. He's not going to trip over the lines on the field like Mixon did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Am I Unrealistically Excited?! - BFritz21 - 06-11-2024, 05:31 PM
RE: Am I Unrealistically Excited?! - J24 - 06-11-2024, 07:24 PM
RE: Am I Unrealistically Excited?! - wanga - 06-11-2024, 08:12 PM
RE: Am I Unrealistically Excited?! - BFritz21 - 06-12-2024, 06:15 PM
RE: Am I Unrealistically Excited?! - jason - 06-17-2024, 06:37 PM
RE: Am I Unrealistically Excited?! - jason - 06-17-2024, 04:44 PM