Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-12-2024, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Absolutely. People who entered the capital had no right being there. When they entered, there were some bad hombres in that crowd. But also recognize, there where probably a lot of idiots also who just thought it would be cool to storm the capital (without intent of harming anyone). You can see that in the videos. People were walking through the halls and lobbies. Not running, not destroying stuff etc. Some did, but not most. 

It sure might be feasible to lay more blame on some actors than others, imho that's for the courts to decide, not me. I feel this is getting too much into detail though, I'd rather focus on the overall picture than to determine how many people deserve how much blame, which I can't possibly determine. No one entering Congress is blameless, that is the stance I would commit to. Which makes it so hard to accept for me how Trump to this day calls them patriots and heroes and states how much he loves them.

(06-12-2024, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I do feel Trump has some responsibility.  But the left and the LWM put it all on his back. It's not all his fault. But if we make it his fault, hopefully we make him unelectable.

It's hard for me to actually say something about this. I would have hoped that events like this make him unelectable, but apparently they did not.

(06-12-2024, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That has been the goal of the left since he was elected and before he was sworn into office, and I don't think that's to far fetched to swallow. His first 4 years was nothing but attacks. 

No, I swallow that with ease, it's true. I for one sure think that most (certainly not all) of these attacks were justified, so my perspective sure is tilted differently than yours. But yeah, he faced intense adversary from the start.

(06-12-2024, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trumps problem is he's smart, but also an idiot. He is a narcissistic moron and doesn't know how to communicate properly. He's not a politician. He doesn't know how to hide it like the others do. He lies, but I don't know of any politicians who don't that want to get elected.  

Yeah, I know many that would stop at a certain point though.

(06-12-2024, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, it really sucks we don't have better options, but I think both parties and the media are equally responsible for how we got here.

I can not quite commit to "equally", but that rather is a detail than the main point. I agree with your overall sentiment. Wholeheartedly. Both parties are to blame, the media is to blame, the whole election system is to blame. And also, imho all the people who rather put their preferred shitty option in the greatest light possible by spins, false equivalencies, whataboutism etc etc instead of focusing on the one thing that most Americans would agree on, which is that both options are shitty, share some blame as well. But that is tricky for me to say since I myself are quite often guilty of this behaviour too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th - hollodero - 06-12-2024, 08:58 PM