Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-12-2024, 10:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For the majority of people at both? To peacefully organize a protest to make their voices be heard in a Constitutionally protected manner.

Once you start breaking it down further than that, you start deciding both who and what ideas/thoughts are allowed and it's a bad road to head down. Said the same in the thread about the college Gaza protests. I don't agree with them and I think those kids are largely dumb as hell and probably at least a little anti-Semitic, but you can't just ban people from protesting because you don't like them or because other smaller groups of people mixed in with bad intentions.

You can absolutely intervene to stop the violence and get things back to a peaceful state when they stop being peaceful, but either we all get free speech or there's no such thing as free speech. That's the downside of the protected freedoms we have, but it's a downside worth paying when looking at the alternative.

What do you think “Stop the Steal” meant?

When it comes to right and wrong, what’s your conscience say?
What’s worse? A president lying to his followers in a manner that convinces them to commit acts of treason? Or a nationwide protest over multiple instances of police brutality with the straw that broke the camels back being multiple police officers on top of a guy as he slowly died in front of the crowd begging them to stop?

I’m not telling anybody they can’t protest or what they can or can not think. I’m asking if people can tell the difference between right and wrong anymore? Because they sure don’t act like it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th - NATI BENGALS - 06-13-2024, 12:02 AM