Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-12-2024, 08:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Alright, I honestly do not know enough about how elections are addressed in the constitution to make this determination. Mail-in ballots and the like don't seem to be unconstitutional, but maybe some things can be seen that way. The main point I would make is that Trump did not focus on this. He was talking about ballots being thrown in rivers, about millions of illegals voting, voters being carried around in buses to vote illegally in different states, dead people voting, fraudulent election workers taking in fake ballots, corrupt state secretaries being in on it, corrupt judges affirming the fraudulent results, mysterious votes appearing, these kind of things. Not so much 'changes in election protocol', which putting all maybe legitimate critizisms aside still did not lead to a credible and provable case of actual wide-spread and systematic voter fraud taking place.

Of course not to mention that being dissatisfied with election protocol does not justify one bit to storm the capitol, or run fake elector schemes, or pressuring state secretaries to find the exact number of votes to overthrow the result.

PS I always agreed with conservatives on things like the voter ID issue, so it's not like I see your system as perfectly legit in the first place. It's just, you have to back up voter fraud claims nonetheless or else you have no business making such claims.

I agree that his arguments about the implied election fraud were all over the place and unfocused. He was committing the same error the far left is making when accusing him of things and the lawfare. Everything is being thrown at him so they come off as lunatics and just hoping for something to stick. The majority of citizen do not take it seriously and it doesn't move the needle, except in making the left look looney as DJT was desperate to find any sort of election fraud.

I think there were definitely things that impacted the election results, as we learn of with the manipulations of Twitter, Facebook, and suppressing the Hunter laptop story (which 10% of Biden voters admitted would have changed their votes if they knew the laptop was indeed legit). But that is the past. The country needs to learn from it, and fix it in  the future.

I agree voter ID laws need to tighten up, and I question the motives of those who do not want increased security at the ballot box.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-13-2024, 10:51 AM