Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-13-2024, 10:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: You won't get much argument from me on that anyway.

Well, I don't know about charging him over that, I did not demand that. My issue is his moral responsibility and the question whether a person acting in this manner is qualified for the highest office in the land, which, big secret, in my view he is certainly not. Most likely the same would hold true for Al Sharpton or people that incite antisemitic riots. Thankfully the latter don't run.

I don't know whom Trump had in mind. In any case, even if the most harmless interpretation is true: One does not send 10.000 troops to the capital for the explicit purpose to protect pro-president protesters. Protect them from what? Only viable answer could be "from themselves", but that was not what was in his mind.
But just imagine. A protest in favor of the sitting president, surrounded by 10.000 military men that are sent to the capitol by said president in their support, while they are protesting the certification of an unvaforable, but fair election. Quite the spooky picture, to me at least, bad optics indeed. It's quite clear to me why no one is signing up for that. Had Trump said that it's the Capitol that needs protecting, your point would be a more viable one. But that is not what he did and I find it misleading to treat it as if it was.

That is not to say that folks like Pelosi are unblemished. Quite possibly they underestimated the threat.

Now lastly, maybe a small thought experiment - imagine if Biden loses the 2024 election fair and square and then acts in the same manner... calling the election rigged with zero proof, claiming he actually won in a landslide, peddling all kind of absurd conspiracy stories, slandering election workers that then have to fear for their life, commissioning "alternate electors" that should ignore the results in their state, demanding Kamala does not certify the result, calling folks to find him votes, encouraging his supporters to go to Washington in protest and then order 10.000 troops there as well to protect "his people" that include Antifas and whatnot, watching them break into the Capitol and doing nothing about it except further fending the flames with tweets, and after all is said and done saying how he loves these people and calling them heroes and patriots. How would you feel if that all unfolded as described?
And a small nod to the threat subject, would you really focus on laying blame on Mike Johnson?

He also said the Bolded. 

Now i will admit the fake electors thing was pretty stupid. And at the time, he probably believed there was voting fraud and the actions there are on him.

You want to do some if's but what if it was right a? Would he then be the savior of Democracy? 

If the Dems do the same, it will just be Politics as usual, get the media to blame the R's and then they are the saviors of Democracy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th - Mike M (the other one) - 06-13-2024, 10:52 AM