Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-13-2024, 11:14 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, in all honesty. I think both parties thrive for election rules that favor them. In general, dems want a high turnout and maybe are willing to change in some security concerns to achieve that goal (I personally think it's about that and not about easing actual fraud, but well what do I know). Republicans want lower turnouts, and so they oppose mail-in or insist on things like voting on a workday or having too few polling locations in certain areas so that people have to wait in line for hours. And both parties do plenty of gerrymandering. It's all a huge mess and I find it difficult to solely blame one party.

I would guess the republicans are against mail in voting because there are potential fraud issues and their base is more traditional and are more likely to show up and vote than the democrat base.

I think the democrats favor it because they can muster more votes because their base is less likely to make the effort to vote, and some shenanigans may ensue. Especially since mail in ballots can be spammed out to the populace, making potential fraud more possible.

But yes, both sides favor rules that favor their party.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-13-2024, 11:22 AM