Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oil Surplus Predicted This Decade
(06-14-2024, 04:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Good points and conveniently forgotten or not realized by people on both sides of the issue.  This is where we need advancement and innovation in battery technology.  But like any innovation, it doesn't come for free.  it has to be valued and money has to be thrown at it and if not, researches and scientists can only do so much.  This is innovation that NEEDS to happen, so at least money has been supporting it more lately.

Additionally Fusion is coming along, but I say were at least 20 years from an efficient scaled up model that provides real power.  And one thing people don't realize about fusion, is that it produces nuclear waste, but like fission reactors.  I'd say 95%+ of the population doesn't even know that little point.

Anyway....baby steps.  You can't force progress or innovation.  You can support it, but you can't dictate it.

I have been reading about fly-wheels, which seem to be more cost efficient. But then I recall an episode of Myth-Busters where a massive flywheel became terrifying...

But assume if buried deep enough underground, huge expense, some danger could be mitigated.

Maybe a discussion for another thread...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil Surplus Predicted This Decade - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-14-2024, 04:49 PM