Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
See, they really do try to control what you see, read and think.
(06-21-2024, 04:31 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Of course. But they are also operating by a different set of rules. One operating in official capacity that is responsible for defense of the nation. The other hiding their political bias behind a flashy patriotic name, The Free Speech America Media Research Center, running to faux with sensationalized fear mongering to drum up the base and play the conservatives are the victims card.

What about when a GOP POTUS is in office?  They get to use the same "defense of the nation" excuse, right?

Quote:When the name of the game is stopping adversaries from spreading disinformation. cough Russia cough.

Misinformation like the Hunter Biden laptop or the Ashley Biden diary?  How about misinformation like the Steele dossier?  Can you begin to see how your whole argument starts to fall apart the minute you examine it even a little closely?

Quote:I’m with you guys that the government doesn’t get to censor people. Businesses can though. I’m still waiting for anybody to show me who was actually wronged and got censored and who did the censoring. In America.

The problem being when the government leans on said businesses to censor what they want censored.

Quote:I would bet this election cycle if you want to find the Russian and Chinese disinformation you’ll probably be able to find it on Truth Social.

Sure.  You'll also find it on on TwitterX, FaceBook, TikTok, Instagram and Reddit.  As an adult it's your responsibility to vet sources and claims.  I don't want the government in the deciding what's officially true and can be repeated game.  If the myriad lies about Covid don't convince you of this then nothing will.  Ever.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: See, they really do try to control what you see, read and think. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-21-2024, 12:08 PM