Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
See, they really do try to control what you see, read and think.
(06-21-2024, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What about when a GOP POTUS is in office?  They get to use the same "defense of the nation" excuse, right?

I think the critical distinction is, depending on one's political leaning, some disinformation is acceptable (even admirable) while other is a "clear and present danger".

A huge issue is our entire political discourse is catered to the lazy and focus-challenged. Even the talking heads have to boil down complex topics to 30 second sound bites.  Spin and gaslighting can often be indistinguishable from an honest effort to dumb things down in a concise summary, which nevertheless creates fertile ground for critics to mine.

I think if people were honest about how little they understand, about pretty much everything, they'd be much less passionate and self-assured in their partisan positions.

Also, whatever we're teaching these days in civics in school we are failing the country massively.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: See, they really do try to control what you see, read and think. - JustWinBaby - 06-21-2024, 12:38 PM