Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-21-2024, 07:07 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I disagree based on flags observed on TikTok and other social media...

I'm gonna need more specificity here.

(06-21-2024, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see where you're coming from and mostly agree. I'm just saying,  that having some decent rules to live by would be a step up in a largely out-of-control school system. Morals are lacking in our country. Our schools are brainwashing our kids IMO. If you leave religion out of schools, which I agree with, then leave other BS out and teach the fundamentals they are there to learn. Leave the other to the parents.

A person could certainly argue that morality does not require religious conviction.  I've never considered myself a religious person, but I firmly believe I am a moral person.  Also, around half of the ten Commandments are admonitions on how to properly worship God.  I honestly don't find those especially helpful in promoting moral behavior, especially considering some of the awful things stated in the Old Testament, especially in Leviticus.

But at the end of the day, it really comes down to maintaining the cornerstone of Western society, the secular democracy/republic.  Without secularism you get what they have in the Middle East, and I don't want that for us, now or ever, under any religion.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-21-2024, 08:10 PM