Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-21-2024, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see where you're coming from and mostly agree. I'm just saying,  that having some decent rules to live by would be a step up in a largely out-of-control school system. Morals are lacking in our country. Our schools are brainwashing our kids IMO. If you leave religion out of schools, which I agree with, then leave other BS out and teach the fundamentals they are there to learn. Leave the other to the parents.

Perfectly understandable opinion that I want to respectfully disagree with. Mainly because imho many children don't have the luxury of perfectly suited parents. Many aren't interested, don't have enough time, enough skills or have some questionable or dubious beliefs (like hating on certain people or how being a bully is the way to show strength or whatever). Some combination of that might very well be real for more children than not. And one can moan single parenting as a problem, it's the reality and nothing will probably ever prohibit this trend to only further increase. So putting aside that imho they also shouldn't, quite some parents just can't manage their child's upbringing solely on their own, much less in a way that perfectly meets the child's and society's interest.

Considering that, I think school has a role that can not be cut down to fundamentals. And imho it's also quite important for children to be presented with some different worldviews outside their own homes and hear about all kinds of issues and angles, and imho a school should be able to provide that in some debatable capacity. For me, including religion, but as an educational topic only.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - hollodero - 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM