Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-21-2024, 07:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why are you opposed to referencing the 10 Commandments in classrooms? I see no mention of citing the 10 commandments daily or at all. I see this no different than allowing controversial books in the library of schools or as required reading.

I don't see anyone forcing a child in a public school to accept God or else. As far as other religions and schools, catholic schools have mandatory mass, the cite the Lord's prayer, they are private and teach the Catholic Version. There are also other private schools require their religion be taught.

There are a lot of things to be upset with in the US, looking to God for hope and strength is far down the list. It amazes me you don't criticize asylum rapes, robberies and murder of young women, mothers and children and decide to take a stand against the 10 Commandments. I will prayer God forgives you; I will pray God touches you and your family. It is never to late to find God.

Because federal and state governments don't get to push religious values and ideas on its citizens let alone a specific ideology as Louisiana will require.  Would you really be happy to have Protestant religious beliefs pushed on your non-Protestant child?  Isn't religious teaching best left to a child's parents?  I hear all about "parent's rights" from conservatives but somehow that ideal is thrown out the window when parent's don't teach conservative beliefs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - pally - 06-21-2024, 09:00 PM