Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-21-2024, 07:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with this. How can the ideals of the far left be permitted to be taught in schools? Why are teachers in some states not permitted to tell the parents their child wants to identify as a member of the opposite sex?

To me, you can't have one without the other. Either ban religion and ban anything political or anything to do with sexual orientation or accept they both have a role in the school system.

I agree public school systems all homeowners pay for should be governed by the voters in that community. National teachers' union for example should zero input on how students are taught, it is a state and local issue.

It is ludicrous anyone believes a child is mature enough to decide their sexual orientation until they are an adult. Why is there a push to punish or keep parents in the dark about parenting issues within the school systems?

Teaching Protestant religious beliefs in public schools amounts to the government putting its thumb on the scale for a specific religion.  That is very much against the 1st amendment.  Non-Protestants have rights too.

At what age did you discover you were attracted to the opposite sex?  I'll guarantee you it was well before you became an adult.  It is no different for someone who is attracted to the same sex.  Raging teenage hormones don't respect age.  When a child is old enough to make babies they need to understand how to prevent doing that.

If a child tells a school counselor they think they might be gay but are terrified to tell their ultra-religious parents because of a legitimate feat of violence or being thrown out of the home, is the counselor's job to protect the child or parents?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - pally - 06-21-2024, 09:22 PM