Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-21-2024, 11:38 PM)pally Wrote: Of course, that is the 2nd  commandment for Protestants.  The Catholic end amendment is simply The how shalt not take the Name thy Lord, our God in vain.

Now you have teachers having to explain theology differences to children learning different commandments.  What are they supposed to say to those children who ask why the Protestant version is deemed to be the right one

Catholics have the wrong order of commandments. That's what some teachers might say. 

Plus they use tithes to buy golden candlesticks, as my parents explained to me.

I just watched Ben Carson on CNN. He was asked if he had ever seen the 10 Commandments on the wall in any Trump residence. he couldn't recall that he had, but Trump was not the issue. The issue was bringing morality back to our nation, which was founded on Judeo-Christian values.  God is mentioned in "founding documents" and the dollar bill. "Schizophrenic" to admit that but not publicly recognize that our country is founded on belief in God. 

Trump agreed in this tweet. 

“I LOVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, PRIVATE SCHOOLS, AND MANY OTHER PLACES, FOR THAT MATTER.” Trump wrote. “READ IT — HOW CAN WE, AS A NATION, GO WRONG??? THIS MAY BE, IN FACT, THE FIRST MAJOR STEP IN THE REVIVAL OF RELIGION, WHICH IS DESPERATELY NEEDED, IN OUR COUNTRY. BRING BACK TTC!!! MAGA2024

if we see more and more of his supporters endorsing his reasoning, it looks like this is about more than just a neutral code of good behavior that no one can argue with. The GOP nominee thinks its about bringing our country back to religion, starting in the schools, public and private.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - Dill - 06-22-2024, 12:38 AM