Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-22-2024, 12:38 AM)Dill Wrote: Catholics have the wrong order of commandments. That's what some teachers might say. 

I don't want to upset or offend anyone of the Catholic faith. But as a Christian, there are some things about the faith I disagree with, so I'll just leave that at that.
Quote:I just watched Ben Carson on CNN. He was asked if he had ever seen the 10 Commandments on the wall in any Trump residence. he couldn't recall that he had, but Trump was not the issue. The issue was bringing morality back to our nation, which was founded on Judeo-Christian values.  God is mentioned in "founding documents" and the dollar bill. "Schizophrenic" to admit that but not publicly recognize that our country is founded on belief in God. 

Dr. Carson is a breath of fresh air. I can't begin to explain the admiration I have for this dude. Don't dislike him for his Christian values. If you look beyond your distaste of religion in politics, or religion period, he has strong values as a human being and has dedicated his life to helping people. 
Quote:Trump agreed in this tweet. 

“I LOVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, PRIVATE SCHOOLS, AND MANY OTHER PLACES, FOR THAT MATTER.” Trump wrote. “READ IT — HOW CAN WE, AS A NATION, GO WRONG??? THIS MAY BE, IN FACT, THE FIRST MAJOR STEP IN THE REVIVAL OF RELIGION, WHICH IS DESPERATELY NEEDED, IN OUR COUNTRY. BRING BACK TTC!!! MAGA2024

I don't disagree in a sense because of the message. I do agree with most that religion in schools & government is not a good fit. I think America is desperately in need of finding our way back to the moral ground. I'm sure you'll find an argument in that statement, and rightfully so. What I think is good doesn't apply to all.

Quote:if we see more and more of his supporters endorsing his reasoning, it looks like this is about more than just a neutral code of good behavior that no one can argue with. The GOP nominee thinks its about bringing our country back to religion, starting in the schools, public and private.

But we both know he's not. His supporters (those that I know) couldn't give two sheets about religion. They want to prosper, raise their children, and enjoy life. They believe in working hard and rewarding themselves and family with their labor. They don't work to pay for other people's degrees. They don't work to pay for illegal immigrants to live a better life than them in some 5-star hotel in Manhattan with free meals and room service, etc, etc. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - HarleyDog - 06-22-2024, 01:15 AM