Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom
(06-22-2024, 07:32 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: It was poorly worded and trying to be sly, a failure.

My overall point was meant to be that there is so much other stuff on walls in school that I see little harm in having the ten commandments hung on the wall. I do not believe it should be mandatory, but do not think there is harm in them being posted.

It is a very popular book, and I would not oppose reasonable passages being hung on the wall from other wildly popular books, like The Hobbit, Dune, The Alchemist, The Little Prince, etc...

Maybe I view the Bible too much as a piece of literature and think people should be aware of what is in it, even if they do not believe and/or follow it?

Just my take...

I’d be fine with that. A teacher can hang it in their classroom if they want to and it has some relevancy to the course they teach.

It’s the whole making it a law thing that goes against our founders views of religious freedom that gives me problems with this Louisiana stuff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Louisiana to require the 10 Commandments in classroom - NATI BENGALS - 06-22-2024, 08:32 AM