Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-21-2024, 02:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: And I'll just reiterate the importance of scheme. If we come out with better run-pass balance, play more under center, break tendencies and when we run lean into power running (because our line is built for it and Moss is best in it) the line will look pretty good. It's time to stop with the scheme being so OL unfriendly. And I think Burrow has come to similar conclusions and Pitcher will likely also be thinking this.

First of all I agree about the scheme. But we weren’t any more effective when Jake took over running the football. . It’s really about efficiency. In ‘21 & ‘22 we were 8th in points per play. In yards per point ‘23 (8) ‘22 (3) ‘21 (7). The bottom line Burrow hates under center. So I think it’s a combination of the OL and the staff trying to do what’s more efficient. You’ve got Joe. They throw a lot of screens in lieu of running. We agree we need to have a decent run game it will help the offense overall. But I can see it with my own eyes the OL blocking.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - Soonerpeace - 06-23-2024, 11:29 PM