Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
(06-23-2024, 08:49 PM)Dill Wrote: Not reformed as far as I know. And so far as I know, still a big Trump supporter,
though he does not think Trump antisemitic enough.

He's also a big supporter of another white nationalist, Trump's dinner date, Nick Fuentes.

You seem puzzled white supremacists support Trump, not Biden.  

You only see people "smearing" Trump here, no bad Trump choices? 

I believe bad people support both candidates. Trump already condemned Duke and his racist leanings multiple times.

Maybe DJT is just such a better option that even those he condemns are supporting him?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/aug/27/joe-biden/biden-wrong-when-he-says-trump-hasnt-condemned-dav/

In 2016, we fact-checked a claim that "Trump refuses to denounce the KKK." We rated the statement Mostly False

The ad distorted Trump’s record by cherry picking one interview in which CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Trump about Duke in February 2016. Duke founded a Louisiana chapter of the KKK in 1974, but left in 1980 because of its tendency towards violence. Since then, Duke has been a noted white supremacist. 

Tapper asked Trump if he would condemn Duke and say that he didn’t want the vote of white supremacists.
Trump replied: "Well, I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I would have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them. And, certainly, I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong." 

Trump later blamed a bad ear piece, saying he could barely hear the questions. In the days that followed, Trump rejected Duke’s support in interviews on Good Morning America and Morning Joe, calling him a "bad person who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years."

The Biden campaign pointed to that interview when we asked them for evidence to support Biden’s claim. The campaign also referred us to instances when Trump denied knowing anything about Duke or gave testy disavowals.

We found Trump denounced Duke years before his interview with Tapper.

In 1991, CNN’s Larry King asked Trump what Duke’s success with white voters in a failed bid for the Louisiana governorship represented.

Trump replied: "I hate seeing what it represents, but I guess it just shows there's a lot of hostility in this country. There's a tremendous amount of hostility in the United States."

In 2000, Trump declined to run a Reform Party presidential bid in part because the party attracted Duke’s support. Trump also called Duke "a bigot, a racist, a problem." 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-24-2024, 07:00 AM