Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
(06-24-2024, 11:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Has it ever occurred to you that some of the people in attendance likely had little to no idea that Neo Nazis were going to be there? You know there is another point of view on the Civil War Monument discussion that also feels that those who choose to not remember history are doomed to repeat it. Perhaps that is the faction of people that Trump was referring to? After all, he did clarify that he was not speaking of the Neo Nazis when he said "very fine people".

I mean, that imho is tough to evaluate with absolute certainty. Sure, fine people with right leaning politics can be drawn to an unite the right rallye in the first place, or to a protest against renaming monuments (not a cause I can particularly understand, but that doesn't matter). No objections against that. It's just, as soon as it's becoming clear that this event is usurped by Nazis, white supremacists and David Duke types that make their immense presence unmissable, it's getting tough for me to understand how fine people can just stay and participate nonetheless. And from all descriptions of the event and how it unfolded, not least including one from Bels, to me it's quite obvious that these extremists were not just a small and possibly neglectable minority within this rallye. That, to me, is the point of contention.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville - hollodero - 06-24-2024, 12:26 PM