Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
(06-24-2024, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Using your own logic that means every single person protesting the war in Gaza is a Hamas supporter, because there's damn sure are a fair number of those at every one of those protests.  Now, if they went to the first protest, saw a bunch of neo-Nazis and then decided to keep coming back knowing they would be elbow to elbow with those people then you'd start to have a point.

No, lie is absolutely the correct term.  This was debunked years ago and has been repeated as truth ever since until now.  Carville recently reiterated it on Bill Maher, and was rightfully called out for it.  They know it's not true, yet they repeat it, thus it is a lie.  I don't disagree with you that Trump did not phrase it well, which is rather typical of him.  As for the whataboutism, I'm fine with pointing that out as long as it is done consistently.  You condemn all violent riots, not everyone else does.

At the end of the day we're back to an old point of mine.  Trump says so much actually ridiculous stuff that made up, twisting, or otherwise embellishing others not only makes zero sense, but actually provides cover for him.

Yeah, if people stay at a protest that changes from Pro-Palestinian to Pro-Hamas then they are indicating by their presence that they agree with that premise.  Same thing with the riots in 2020.  If someone stayed "protesting" once looting and destruction broke out, they condoned that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville - pally - 06-24-2024, 12:43 PM