Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
(06-24-2024, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Using your own logic that means every single person protesting the war in Gaza is a Hamas supporter, because there's damn sure are a fair number of those at every one of those protests.

* edit, I just realized this answer wasn't intended for me - I leave my comment in anyways
Not exactly. What i would say is that if one participates at a protest against the war and said protest then turns out to be occupied by pro Hamas voices, then it's time to leave or you bear some moral guilt. That is what I'm saying.
Wouldn't it be a tad weird if Biden came out claiming how very fine people were at a anti war/pro Hamas demo and how it's outrageous how negatively these events are portrayed, especially since so many right wing groups have problems too? I would think it would be weird.

(06-24-2024, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Now, if they went to the first protest, saw a bunch of neo-Nazis and then decided to keep coming back knowing they would be elbow to elbow with those people then you'd start to have a point.

The way I see it, that is pretty close to the actual events taking place in Charlottesville.

(06-24-2024, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, lie is absolutely the correct term.  This was debunked years ago and has been repeated as truth ever since until now.

Depends on what you mean by "this". The parts that were bolded in the OP, imho, do not qualify as a lie, since they were a personal evaluation. and as explained, I can understand how one can reach that conclusion. But it is not important enough to bicker about it for me, there are some actual lies connected with this stance after all, like "Trump never condemned the Nazis/supremacists" and other stuff Biden did also say, so it's fine.

(06-24-2024, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: At the end of the day we're back to an old point of mine.  Trump says so much actually ridiculous stuff that making up, twisting or otherwise embellishing others not only makes zero sense, but actually provides cover for him.

That is generally very true. Where i possibly diverge from your stance is in ranking the significance of actual stuff Trump really said vs. stuff others make up that he did not say. The former just rattles me way more than the latter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville - hollodero - 06-24-2024, 12:47 PM