Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
(06-24-2024, 12:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: * edit, I just realized this answer wasn't intended for me - I leave my comment in anyways
Not exactly. What i would say is that if one participates at a protest against the war and said protest then turns out to be occupied by pro Hamas voices, then it's time to leave or you bear some moral guilt. That is what I'm saying.
Wouldn't it be a tad weird if Biden came out claiming how very fine people were at a anti war/pro Hamas demo and how it's outrageous how negatively these events are portrayed, especially since so many right wing groups have problems too? I would think it would be weird.

We hear prominent people making excuses for these protests all the time.  Not Biden, he's old school and pretty pro-Israel.

Quote:The way I see it, that is pretty close to the actual events taking place in Charlottesville.

IIRC there was a protest the night before and then the next day.  You'd also be assuming that the same people returned or were at both.  I don't disagree with the general point, I have frequently said that if I went to a protest and discovered I was elbow to elbow with Antifa, neo-Nazis etc. I'd take my happy ass home immediately.  But that doesn't change the point of this thread, that people knowingly lied about Trump's statement for years.

Quote:Depends on what you mean by "this". The parts that were bolded in the OP, imho, do not qualify as a lie, since they were a personal evaluation. and as explained, I can understand how one can reach that conclusion. But it is not important enough to bicker about it for me, there are some actual lies connected with this stance after all, like "Trump never condemned the Nazis/supremacists" and other stuff Biden did also say, so it's fine.

You pulling a Bill Clinton on me?  Wink

Quote:That is generally very true. Where i possibly diverge from your stance is in ranking the significance of actual stuff Trump really said vs. stuff others make up that he did not say. The former just rattles me way more than the latter.

I agree, which is why the constant embellishing or straight up making things up (bloodbath comes to mind) endlessly baffles me.  They aren't the boy that cried wolf at this point, they're the boy who made a novel, then a stage play than a movie about crying wolf.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-24-2024, 12:59 PM