Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville
(06-24-2024, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We hear prominent people making excuses for these protests all the time.  Not Biden, he's old school and pretty pro-Israel.

Yeah I believe you, but sadly you didn't explicitly mention how you react to those people making these excuses. I would assume you have some harsh critizism for that kind of behaviour. You might even claim that these people draw a faulty moral equivalency between Israel and Hamas. So how is it so surprising that Trump got an equally harsh reaction, and why is it so condemnable when Biden then made a similar comment regarding moral equivalencies? That's the part I don't get.

(06-24-2024, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: IIRC there was a protest the night before and then the next day.  You'd also be assuming that the same people returned or were at both.  I don't disagree with the general point, I have frequently said that if I went to a protest and discovered I was elbow to elbow with Antifa, neo-Nazis etc. I'd take my happy ass home immediately.  But that doesn't change the point of this thread, that people knowingly lied about Trump's statement for years.

Sure people did that, I did not deny that at all. However, pally didn't, I didn't, and at least in the Biden statement bolded in the OP, imho he didn't either (he sure did later). I'm not trying to pull anytrhing here, I'm claiming that stating Trump drew an inappropriate moral equivalency imho is not a lie, even if someone might disagree with the assertion made.

(06-24-2024, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I agree, which is why the constant embellishing or straight up making things up (bloodbath comes to mind) endlessly baffles me.  They aren't the boy that cried wolf at this point, they're the boy who made a novel, then a stage play than a movie about crying wolf.

Yeah we still respectfully disagree a bit on the bloodbath comment, but I see the overall point for sure. It's just, I feel the counter-reaction of many is to now ignore all the wolf howls and deny the existence of wolves in the first place, and that to me appears equally baffling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lefty fact-checker confirms Biden lied about Charlottesville - hollodero - 06-24-2024, 01:39 PM