Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-24-2024, 02:46 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: In 2022, we moved to a shotgun only offense after week 5. Nothing to do with a Burrow injury, but more of Burrow's preference.

That's my point. We were in a shotgun heavy/only offense before Burrow was injured. So, why will that change? 

It's hard to take a mid-season change as the definitive direction that the coaches want to go. It's also hard to say that it was "more of Burrow's preference". Burrow's preference could have been a factor, and it also could have been due to the fact that the Bengals had the leagues second worst rushing attack through the first four weeks. For what it's worth, the Bengals rush offense went from 3.2 yards per carry through the first four weeks to 4.5 yards per carry for the rest of the season after they went to a more shotgun heavy approach. 

There have been reports of the offense making some notable changes, including an interest in lining up under center more. This isn't a direct quote from Zac but an observation from minicamp. I don't know how much weight you're going to put into that. Last season is tough to analyze because, again, they had to make changes on the fly due to Burrow's lingering calf injury. Was that really the offense they wanted to run? I personally doubt it was. This doesn't mean that the Bengals are for sure going to make this change, but there certainly are reasons to believe that they will. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - KillerGoose - 06-24-2024, 04:49 PM