Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is supporting term limits and exceptions for abortion radical thinking?
I know abortion has been used for a political football by both sides for a very long time. Abortion is now a state issue, in my opinion as it should be. The more radical to the right will attempt (and hopefully fail to limit abortion to never or extreme term limits like 12 or 14 weeks. The far left will align with abortion is a women's right and her choice to abort up until birth for any reason.

Trump's stance is well documented, he wants states to handle abortion state by state and does not support a national ban. He supports term limits (states decide) with exceptions for rape, incest or health of mother or baby.

I know it is hard but let's try to remove politics and look at the human element. For years, I wanted only abortions for rape, incest or health of the mother/baby. In 2024, the morning after pills and all of the different types of contraception have changed dramatically for the better for a woman that does not want to get pregnant.

Is it unreasonable to feel a baby becomes a human from a fetus and as this happens, the baby needs protection also. I have changed my position even though I still believe any of actions requires responsibility. I also understand in most cases, women have a tough decision to make to abort a baby. That is why I feel 16-to-20-week term limits is a compromise. The baby enjoys rights in this scenario and so does the mother up until the time the baby can live outside the womb or feel pain.

Is Trump's stance as radical as many claim? What do you feel about term limits? Should there be term limits? Should the baby get rights also at some point?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is supporting term limits and exceptions for abortion radical thinking? - Luvnit2 - 06-24-2024, 07:55 PM