Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$20 Minimum Wage will leave many unemployed and business closures!
(06-24-2024, 07:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am curious, are you a US citizen?

As for taxing billionaires, within reason I have no issue doing it. But billionaires are a small percentage of business owners. Most business owners are happy to make $150K a year. Most fast food restaurant owners make around $60K to 100K per location. People think they are rich, they are not.

Anyone who feels $20 minimum wage for fast food workers has a screw loose. This will decimate an entire industry and make the people who use it the most the lower and middle class lose an economical breakfast or lunch. Only the upper classes can afford to pay $16 for a Big Mac or $18 for a Wendy's salad.

As I mentioned, jobs will be lost. People making $20 an hour will have to work for 2 people and be extremely fast or risk being fired. One thing it should do is give fast food the upper hand on great employees.

The minimum wage is like abortion, it is state controlled and not federal. This is the correct method, but again each state needs to look at a different minimum wage for a minor versus and adult. Think of this way, your babysitter now can be paid $20 an hour and get free meals. Can you compete and pay your baby sitter $20 an hour, if not many will lose their babysitter.
Currently it is eliminating the cheap, fast food industry because their prices are approaching those of places like Longhorn, Applebee's, Outback, etc... thus driving down the demand for their product.

They reduced the pool of workers, via  artificially increasing the minimum wage, and then reduced their demand via price increases.

Genius!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $20 Minimum Wage will leave many unemployed and business closures! - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-24-2024, 07:56 PM