Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$20 Minimum Wage will leave many unemployed and business closures!
I read a CNN article (link below) not too long ago citing a report of the most "impossibly unaffordable" cities in the world in regards to buying a home. Five U.S. cities made the top 10, four of which are in California to no surprise (San Jose, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego). The fifth city is Honolulu.

I bring this up for this topic because the ability to buy a home is the one thing all hard working Americans used to be able to do, and has always been a solid barometer on the health of the economy.

California is extremely unhealthy as an economy for the working class out there. Instead of them passing laws and policies as band-aids to cover a gashing wound, like a $20 fast food wage, they should be re-thinking on how to reverse and prevent those gashing wounds that landed them in this spot in the first place. But I think most know this won't happen with the current political leaders out there.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/14/business/house-prices-impossibly-unaffordable-intl-hnk/index.html#:~:text=Perhaps%20unsurprisingly%2C%20the%20most%20expensive,markets%20surveyed%20in%20eight%20countries.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $20 Minimum Wage will leave many unemployed and business closures! - Millhouse - 06-25-2024, 10:27 AM