Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-24-2024, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow does love the Shotgun, but we saw how good him and the Offense was against the 49ers and Burrow saw how well Browning
did in his absence running the Offense under Center more. It is less predictable and helps the O-line with the QB under Center.

Spot on as usual Sunset. Cool

Nice post KillerGoose. Having the worst rushing attack sure didn't help and when your OL is always playing on their heels in the Shotgun
not much good can come from it. Most of us have heard the coaches talking about Burrow being under Center more which is great news 
as they aren't just ignoring it, same with Burrow. He saw how well Browning ran the Offense and how our running game improved as the
year went on.

I fully understand the reasoning and benefits of going under center. However, listing the benefits/reasoning to do it is different than sharing evidence that that change is as imminent as you all seem to believe. 

Every year that Burrow has been our QB and Taylor calling plays, it has been extremely gun-heavy. Please, point me in the direction of the coaches talking about Burrow being under center more. I've googled, and absolutely nothing comes up. 

“I think we’re gonna dictate that [tempo] a little more this year. I’m excited about the pressure we’re going to put on defenses with our style of offense this year, I think it’ll be exciting to watch. I think with the personnel that we have this year, we will be able to do a lot more with personnel groupings, putting different people in different spots in and doing a lot of different things as far as eye candy and making teams adjust their personnel based on ours,”

Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Dan Pitcher isn’t fully buying into the chatter that the offense will look wildly different next season. Pitcher says the level of changes might be overstated.

Our core offense is our core offense. We're going to do what we do," Burrow said.

You seem to have hope that the offense goes in that direction, but again, based on our history with Burrow + Taylor and lack of evidence in that change from coaches/Burrow interviews, I'm not sure I'm buying that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - Lucius Cincinnatus - 06-25-2024, 11:16 AM