Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-24-2024, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You act like Burrow is a statue, but he has ran a decent amount when healthy.
The most designed runs + scrambles that Burrow had in 2022 was the same number that Mahomes had last year, 75.
Both were season highs for each of them.

Now if you are talking about scrambling around but still passing the ball, I dunno if there's a site that tracks that to be able to compare.
However, from what I can recall off the top of my head for games, Burrow is not one of the least scrambling QBs.

I'd put Burrow as more of a scrambler than the likes of Derek Carr, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford just to name a few.

Look, you're a smart guy and good poster but please don't compare these 2 QB's when it comes to scrambling and evading sacks. Burrow his first 2 years did himself no favors as he sat in the pocket way too long waiting for plays to develop and when he did move it was laterally and just getting rid of the ball. There were lengthy discussions on this board about that. Both of those things made him a huge target for both hits and sacks.

Fast forward to just two seasons ago (and even last year to a degree even with the leg issue) and Borrow did a much much better job not only stepping up in the pocket but also taking those free yards for very nice gains and running for 1st downs. But if you're being honest with yourself, Burrow is NOT Mahomes and should never even be in the discussion as a guy that can stop and start on a dime like PM does, juke defenders like PM does, scramble the way PM does and having the ability to contort his body to avoid sacks let alone the sidearm passes off for completions. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - higgy100 - 06-25-2024, 12:24 PM