Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-25-2024, 11:16 AM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Every year that Burrow has been our QB and Taylor calling plays, it has been extremely gun-heavy. Please, point me in the direction of the coaches talking about Burrow being under center more. I've googled, and absolutely nothing comes up. 

No, it hasn't. The last two years it has been. In 2020 and 2021, the Bengals were just barely above league average in their usage of shotgun. This trend continued into the first four weeks of 2022 when they made a change in week five. I suspect it was due to how awful the running game was, and the run game production improved after the change so they stuck with it. Analyzing 2023 is tough, but the Bengals were much more modest in their usage of shotgun with Browning in the game. Who knows what they wanted to do headed into the season. 

However, the point is that Joe and Zac offenses have not been "extremely gun heavy" every year that they have been here. Just the last two years, due to fairly explainable reasons. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - KillerGoose - 06-25-2024, 12:40 PM