Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-25-2024, 12:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. Also in 23 when Burrow's calf healed and before the wrist they had already gone to a more balanced mix of Gun and Under Center. They were also starting to change up play selection occasionally to break tendencies. And it was working. Then Burrow hurt his wrist and with Browning they did have to change the playbook somewhat to fit what he was comfortable with. 

For this season I would expect they will come out looking more in terms of formations and playcalling like they did against SF. 

So, I went back and watched every snap of the 49ers game. 

Out of 63 offensive plays, including two kneel downs, 1 QB sneak, and 2 run ball-out plays, there were 15 snaps under center. So, 77% of our snaps were still in shotgun. If we remove the fluff (knees, qb sneaks, and running out the clock), we were in shotgun on 83% of our snaps. Still way above league average, and would have been the 3rd highest rate of shotgun usage in 2022 (I can't find cumulative 2023 data)

So...even in the example you used to highlight moving away from a very heavy shotgun offense...we were still a very heavy shotgun offense lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - Lucius Cincinnatus - 06-25-2024, 03:11 PM