Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-25-2024, 12:24 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Look, you're a smart guy and good poster but please don't compare these 2 QB's when it comes to scrambling and evading sacks. Burrow his first 2 years did himself no favors as he sat in the pocket way too long waiting for plays to develop and when he did move it was laterally and just getting rid of the ball. There were lengthy discussions on this board about that. Both of those things made him a huge target for both hits and sacks.

Fast forward to just two seasons ago (and even last year to a degree even with the leg issue) and Borrow did a much much better job not only stepping up in the pocket but also taking those free yards for very nice gains and running for 1st downs. But if you're being honest with yourself, Burrow is NOT Mahomes and should never even be in the discussion as a guy that can stop and start on a dime like PM does, juke defenders like PM does, scramble the way PM does and having the ability to contort his body to avoid sacks let alone the sidearm passes off for completions. 

You're making a big leap taking what I said as Burrow being someone who can stop and go on a dime.
Please point out where I said that.

All I said was the Chiefs allowed very low sack numbers despite their QB having very high passing attempts.
Are some of the sacks for the Bengals because the QB held onto the ball too long? Sure.
Does Mahomes's ability to scramble help avoid some sacks that the Chiefs didn't get dinged for? Also probably.
But anyone who has watched the Bengals games can tell the OL has not been good at pass blocking as a whole.
That's the point I am making.

Burrow still ran for a decent amount even if he's not as shifty of a runner/scrambler as Mahomes or Lamar Jackson.
If he wasn't able to run at all, he'd be near the bottom of the rushing attempts among QBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - ochocincos - 06-25-2024, 10:27 PM